Thursday, November 01, 2007

Please Identify

Heaven forbid the day should ever come when I receive a questionnaire with my utility bill asking for my marital status, religion and sexual orientation. Honestly, would the answer to any of these questions help the sanitation company to roll away my trash can, empty it and replace it? Of course not!

So, imagine the surprise of ninety-one year old Bill Burrow and other residents of Leeds, England who did receive such a questionnaire in relation to their rubbish pick-up.

I sure hope the local city council or even the county commissioners never decide to try a ridiculous survey like that one. I doubt they would be reelected for another term if they did. And their ears would probably burn from the public comments about what exists between their ears.

I would suggest the Leeds city council should apologize to city residents for their unnecessary and invasive personal questions, but they undoubtedly wouldn't be heard over the laughter their survey has induced.

You can click here to read the story.

www.mercyandpercy.com/

No comments: