Sunday, November 04, 2007

Pledge of Allegiance

Hmmm. I have no idea why I titled this "Pledge of Allegiance" yesterday. I got it right in the story - the national anthem. Just goes to prove I am not perfect. But those who know me are already aware of that.

I've heard from several that the rendition of the national anthem is terrible, something I already knew because I listened to it before posting it here. Sorry about that, but I can't change it. But I would like to add an update with new links at the end of this story.

*****************


There is an email going around with a picture of Senator Barack Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Senator Hillary Clinton and Ruth Harkin standing on a platform during the singing of the national anthem. Obama is the only
person standing with his hands clasped instead of with his right hand over his heart, as is the American custom to show proper respect when the national anthem is played.

I located a video that relates to the photo.





One would think that a man who is running for President, the highest office in the United States of America, would show proper respect for our flag.

But then, one would think that a nation that has been so wonderfully blessed would show proper respect for God.

UPDATE: I want to add some links for this story because there have been a number of questions emailed to me. Originally, I found the video at snopes.com. (That video stopped working, so I changed it to one from YouTube.) Snopes is good about tracking down rumors, but possibly even they aren't perfect, so I did some more research and found the photo in question was published in the October 1, 2007 edition of "Time Magazine." It was taken at Tom Harkin's Iowa Steak Fry. And in case you didn't notice, the video is from ABC news.

www.mercyandpercy.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he was praying that that terrible songster would stop butchering the national anthem. i couldn't wait for it to end. it was terr-rr-ible. didn't sound like "our" national anthem. was that roseanne barr again?

Jan said...

You are probably correct. I wonder is this one of those you-get-what-you-pay-for occasions and the "singer" was a volunteer? It certainly wasn't a professional!