Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

Since my time is limited today, I'm going to borrow today's post from my pets' journal, Jan's Funny Farm. The only thing I would like to add is that I find it interesting that someone who doesn't know anything about music wrote a Memorial Day song for his church. Notice he knows nothing about writing music but he wrote a song "for God" and I'm stealing material from my cats and dogs. :)

********************

Our good friend Mr. Doug (and Jan's other brothers too) is a veteran so vets have a special place in our hearts. And this year, we didn't have to go looking for a special song to post. We've been saving it for this weekend.

Tony Mullins wrote a song specifically for Memorial Day and we'd like to share it with you. He sent the link to Jan and asked her to share it. So we appropriated it for our journal too. You know how that goes, what's hers is ours and not vice versa!

Tony can't sing and he can't read music, but this is a demo recording of a song he wrote a few years ago for his church. It's sung by Cary Rutledge from Virginia and the video was shot in Waterloo, NY. We think you'll like it.



If the video won't play for you, you can use this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_klwtm67ogg

Click here to read more about the origins of Tony's Memorial Day song.

Have a safe and thoughtful Memorial Day.

No comments: