Monday, December 31, 2007
As you are aware, twice elected Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto was slain last Thursday, December 27, by a suicide attacker as she campaigned to be elected a third time. Bhutto, an educated and graceful woman, was the leader of a large political party PPP (Pakistan Peoples Party). She stood against the Taliban and Al-Qaeda. And she had a soft corner in her heart for the Christian minority. (Pakistan is 97% Moslem and the 2.5% Christian population continues to endure persecution.)
At present the country is in political turmoil and unrest.
Perhaps, if you need encouragement to remember Pakistan during your holiday celebration, this quote from one who knows first-hand of the situation will inspire you.
"We know one thing: The Lord is our refuge and strength. If God is with us, who can be against us. Fear not! for I am with you. He'll be with us even when we walk through the valley of the shadow of death. If our time is near, we are ready and if it's yet to come, even then we still are ready to face it, by the mighty power. Please continue to pray for us as we go through this turmoil. We really need your precious prayers."
Happy New Year! May 2008 be a blessed year for all.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Please don't try to tell me that scientists have discovered the reason women don't tip over when carrying a baby is because womens' spines have evolved to be more flexible and supportive.
If that is what they want to believe, that's their prerogative.
I happen to believe the Bible is the word of the living God. And according to it, God created! He did not create man from an ape or wait a few million years to see whether a single cell would evolve into swimmers, creepy-crawlies, wild beasts, birds of the air, other miscellaneous, and finally into two-legged ex-apes. He created the animals and then he created man and woman.
The word of God says Adam named the animals God created. I don't remember reading anything about God creating a single cell and waiting around to see what it might evolve into.
Why do some think it is simple-minded to believe God created, yet refuse to see the illogical sequence of evolution. Because wisdom comes from God. Without God, men are forced to seek false wisdom elsewhere.
The reason, Mr. Scientist, that a woman is able to carry a baby without falling on her face is not because her spine evolved, but rather because the great Creator designed her spine that way.
If you are interested in reading the article on evolution, click here. There is some interesting information in that article on the miraculous way a woman's body adjusts to accommodate the additional stress on her body.
But the evolution theory? It's a bit of a stretch.
Sunday, December 09, 2007
You might not recognize these well-known proverbs, since they are only semi-well-known. The other half of each arises out of the cleverness of young minds.
A 1st grade school teacher had twenty-six students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom the 1st half of a well-known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb. It's hard to believe these were actually done by first graders. Their insight may surprise you. While reading, keep in mind that these are first-graders, 6-year-olds, because the last one is a classic!
1. Don't change horses - until they stop running.
2. Strike while the - bug is close.
3. It's always darkest before - Daylight Saving Time.
4. Never underestimate the power of - termites.
5. You can lead a horse to water but - How?
6. Don't bite the hand that - looks dirty.
7. No news is - impossible
8. A miss is as good as a - Mr.
9. You can't teach an old dog new - Math
10. If you lie down with dogs, you'll - stink in the morning.
11. Love all, trust - Me.
12. The pen is mightier than the - pigs.
13. An idle mind is - the best way to relax.
14. Where there's smoke there's - pollution.
15. Happy the bride who - gets all the presents.
16. A penny saved is - not much.
17. Two's company, three's - the Musketeers.
18. Don't put off till tomorrow what - you put on to go to bed.
19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and - You have to blow your nose.
20. There are none so blind as - Stevie Wonder.
21. Children should be seen and not - spanked or grounded.
22. If at first you don't succeed - get new batteries.
23. You get out of something only what you - See in the picture on the box
24. When the blind lead the blind - get out of the way.
25. A bird in the hand - is going to poop on you.
And the WINNER!
26. Better late than - PregnantUnfortunately, I couldn't locate the author of this. If anyone knows who wrote it, let me know so I can give credit.
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Sunday, December 02, 2007
Click on the link below -
Let's Say Thanks to those who are protecting our freedom!